Healthy Babies Rely on a Healthy Planet
At Johnson’s®, it’s our job to build for a better tomorrow. That’s why we’re committed to giving parents and caregivers gentle but effective product solutions for their babies, while also carefully crafting our formulas to be gentle on the environment. We are supporting a world where every baby can grow and thrive by choosing purposeful ingredients, improving the sustainability of our packaging, and giving back to our communities.
Pure And Gentle Ingredients
Did you know that we’ve reformulated our products inside and out to set a new standard for gentle in our region?¹
- For babies, our strict ingredient selection process ensures our products are as pure and gentle as they are effective. Our liquid cleansers, hair care and lotions are up to 96% naturally derived and free from parabens, sulphates phthalates and dyes. In addition, we removed 50% of ingredients from our formulas² in 2019 to enhance our gentleness on baby skin and on the planet as a whole.
- We use a U.S. patented system called the Global Aquatic Ingredient Assessment Tool™ to help us formulate non-toxic and biodegradable products that are not harmful to aquatic life and ecosystems.
- Going forward, we will continue to innovate, with a focus on ingredient sourcing and biodegradability, ensuring that we are making careful choices with babies and the planet’s long-term health at the forefront of our decision-making.
Did you know that we’ve been making significant packaging changes that are making a difference in the fight against packaging waste in our region?¹
- Over 95% of our bottles today are fully recyclable³ and we aim to get to 100% by the end of 2021.
- We are transitioning from pumps to caps on all liquid cleansing products below 500ml, meaning millions fewer pumps will reach landfills each year.
- By removing plastic from our new cotton buds packaging, we will save the equivalent of about 30 million plastic bags annually. This packaging will be completely plastic free and made from recycled material.
- From 2022, we will offer refill options and introduce recycled plastics into our packaging.
* based on 2019 sales volumes in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and a 10g plastic bag
Our Community Impact
Did you know that JOHNSON’S® is committed to social responsibility and helping every baby thrive?
- For over 40 years, we’ve donated to leading global nursing and midwifery associations who play a critical role in every child’s start of life.
- At Johnson & Johnson we have partnered with Save the Children® for over 20 years on international efforts to provide healthcare, aid, and education to families in communities affected by crisis or poverty.
- We also support the United Nations’ Every Woman Every Child initiative, designed to improve the health and well-being of women and children around the world.
- Region is Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Based on our global portfolio
- Based on annual internal sales data Mar ‘20
Our dedication to science, ingenuity and human health doesn’t stop with Johnson’s® baby products.
Learn how our parent company, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, is creating sustainable products that help us all live healthier lives, on a healthier planet.