Response to COVID-19
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health stands by the World Health Organization
The effects of the global COVID-19 pandemic are undeniable. We encourage consumers to learn about and follow guidance provided by the World Health Organization.
Our Response to COVID-19
At Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, we are committed to helping individuals and communities around the world manage the unprecedented impacts of COVID-19. Our teams are actively working to maintain production of priority consumer health products, including JOHNSON'S® brand products.
As COVID-19 strains healthcare resources globally, it is more important than ever to help people stay healthy and out of a stressed healthcare system. Our soaps, lotions, and skin cleansers are in high demand as consumers focus on personal hygiene. We are prioritizing the continued production of these products to maintain supply, all while ensuring the highest level of quality and safety.
Johnson’s Baby: Product Benefits
- Johnson’s Baby Washes
- Johnson’s Baby washes are a mild way to wash away dirt and germs, even on delicate skin.
- Johnson’s Baby washes are free from parabens, alcohol & dyes.
- Helpful Tip: Try using Johnson’s Baby washes as a gentle hand wash for you and your family.
- Washing your hands regularly and appropriately is important and can help prevent the spread of germs. Please refer to the CDC or your local public health agency for specific hand wash directions.
- Johnson’s Baby Wipes & Cleansing Cloths
- Johnson’s Baby wipes and cleansing cloths were designed to gently and effectively remove dirt and germs from delicate hands and face anywhere, anytime. Great for on-the-go, these travel baby wipes are pre-moistened, so no water is needed.
- Johnson’s Baby Lotions
- Use Johnson’s Baby lotions to moisturize your skin after frequent washing.
- All Johnson’s Baby lotions are clinically proven to be gentle, mild, and help relieve dry skin.
Johnson’s Baby Cologne - USE AS DIRECTED
There have been consumer questions around the effectiveness of Johnson’s Baby Cologne as a hand sanitizer or surface disinfectant. None of our colognes, even those that include alcohol, are intended to be used as hand sanitizers or surface disinfectants. They have not been designed or tested to kill germs and are not intended to prevent or treat COVID-19. Instead, we recommend following the preventive measures issued by the World Health Organization or your local public health agency, including washing hands frequently, using a hand sanitizer when waterless cleaning is desired, maintaining social distance, not touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and other appropriate preventive measures.
- Need help parenting through these challenging times? Check out these helpful tips from the World Health Organization.
- When your baby sleeps better, so do you. Try following Johnson’s Baby clinically proven bedtime routine of warm bath, gentle massage, and quiet time to help your baby fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Click here for more tips on healthy sleeping habits.
- A baby massage can be a relaxing bonding ritual for you and your baby. Johnson’s Baby lotions and oils can help! Click here to learn more about baby massage or follow these tips & tricks:
- Choose a time when your baby is awake and alert, but not too hungry or too full
- Ensure the room is warm and lighting is not to bright
- Wash your hands, remove jewelry, and have a baby oil or lotion ready
- Find a comfortable place to massage so your baby can see your face clearly
- Before starting, relax with a few full breaths – this can help you and baby to relax
- Use baby oil or lotion to glide comfortably over your baby’s skin
How are other J&J Corporate Departments helping?
In times of need, every bit of help counts. It's something Johnson & Johnson knows well: Throughout its over 130-year history, the company has had a legacy of coming to the aid of local and global communities during times of crisis, from natural disasters to health outbreaks.
In response to the current Covid-19 outbreak—the company has mobilized quickly to provide crucial donations from across its businesses, as well as other support, to help those impacted. Here's a look at those efforts to date:
- 1 Million Surgical Masks Have Been Donated, as well as goggles, protective suits, thermometers and respirators, for those who are caring for someone who has the coronavirus, or for those living in areas with high community transmission rates of the disease.
- 1 Million Renminbi, the Currency of China, Has Been Donated to the Chinese Red Cross Foundation to help purchase masks, protection suits and sanitizer for frontline healthcare workers.
- 48,000 Bottles of BAND-AID® Brand Isopropyl Alcohol Have Been Donated to help frontline healthcare workers with sanitizing and disinfecting to help contain and prevent the further spread of the virus
- 1 Electrosurgical Generator — used for certain types of surgery that harness electricity — and Other Medical Devices Have Been Donated to Hospitals in China
- Over 1,300 Packs of Acuvue® Contact Lenses Have Been Donated to Medical Workers to help them see under their required protective goggles, which can be challenging while also wearing glasses
- 1 Team of Company Scientists Is Hard at Work on a Potential Vaccine. The company's experience in combating epidemics like Ebola, along with its expertise in respiratory illnesses, makes it uniquely qualified to help aid in the fight.
In addition, Johnson & Johnson has robust business continuity plans in place across its global supply chain network to prepare for unforeseen events like the coronavirus outbreak. These steps include maintaining critical inventory at major distribution centers away from high-risk areas and working with external suppliers to support our preparedness plans. We are closely monitoring product demand and supply levels across our global network to ensure adequate and effective distribution, and working diligently to meet patient, customer and consumer need.